Who is an Effective advocate?
An Effective Advocate is a person who speaks or writes in support of people who may need encouragement to exercise their rights, in order to ensure that their rights are upheld and nobody exploits them. In fact, It is person who pleads the case of people who need help in court.
Work of an Effective Advocate:
- To help the client identify and clarify their problems.
- An advocate will support you to know your rights so that you receive fair and equal treatment whenever you feel that your rights have been exploited by someone.
- Mainly, An advocate shall support you in a way in which your opinions are heard so that you can live the life you want.
- An advocate would help in making you understand all the necessary information regarding your case so that you can take a sensible decision that is beneficial for you.
- He/she should provide positive feedback and hopes based on reality. No advocate in whatsoever situation should promise you unrealistic hopes.
- Should help you with all the paperwork that requires legal attention.
- Should also help you in understanding all the legal terms that are not known to common people.
- Strive for a ‘win-win’ situation
- Should practice fair play and should follow the Code of Ethics
- Should assist you in communicating with government agencies
- Must help clients choose the fair and legal way to solve a problem. No advocate at any point should ask you to follow unfair means in order to win a case
- Should help those who need help and are unable to speak out for themselves
- Should have a clear set of boundaries for themselves.
How to Get Expert Legal Advice?
Remember that an EFFECTIVE ADVOCATE can only help you in having a better understanding of the situation by letting you know about all the necessary laws and rights. Moreover, He / She cannot advice you. The last decision has to be solely yours. Meanwhile, The advocate has to support you with your decision and cannot make choices on your behalf. In the same fashion, they have to respect your decision and should never judge you for that. And, he or she should only support you.
Goals of an Effective advocate:
- He/she should be able to clarify the client’s problem
- Protect the rights of the client
- Provide necessary information and support
- Should listen with patience and with respect to all clients.
- Should be able to gain the trust of the client.
- Must promote and protect rights.
- Should reach the client’s goal
This is how an Effective ADVOCATE helps you. We hope that you are able to understand the roles and functions of an advocate in a fair and free manner. Contact Chennai Law Form, the Top Law Firm in India.